This week’s podcast features the audio from our meetup with Jeff Samsonow of the edmontonian media co. on the subject of how to ask good questions.
Jeff first started asking questions in a professional capacity when he got into journalism in high school, which put him on a path that led him to radio and then Accessible Media. Along the way, he and his partner Sally Poulsen founded the edmontonian, a blog that gave many other bloggers and podcasters their start.
Jeff now runs Capital Ideas in Edmonton and Calgary. You can hear his past interviews with local business owners about what they’ve learned along the way on the Capital Ideas Edmonton podcast. And be sure to check out Jeff and Sally’s latest production, The Underdogs of Comedy.
The next meetup will take place at Variant Edition on June 19 at 1 pm. We’ll be talking about how to get good sound. Sign up here, and watch for details in the coming days.
As you’ll hear in the podcast, I’m making some schedule changes to give myself more time to work on the podcast network and Taproot Edmonton. The blog roundups and podcast roundups will now come out every two weeks, and starting next week, the podcast will come out every two weeks, too. The newsletter will likely follow the same schedule, though I will send an extra if I’ve got something important to tell you.
Here are some of the podcasts represented in the room at our meetup:
- Basket of YEGs: Interviews about municipal politics and other stories around Edmonton
- Doctor Whooch: A drunk podcast about Doctor Who
- Drink This Podcast: A celebration of PUBculture with tasty libations and great conversation.
- Equinely Inclined: A podcast for the horse community
- Film Frown: “We frown about bad movies so you don’t have to.”
- Hockey Feels: A hockey podcast featuring Steven, an Oilers fan in Edmonton, and Rachel, a Flyers fan in New York City
- Lazy Doctor Who: A couple’s live reaction to every Doctor Who story ever made
- Montreal Sauce: “Interviews with makers, creators, and friends.”
- Northern Nerdcast: The Northern Nerd Network’s podcast about nerdy things
- Podcast! the Comics: A conversation about comics and pop culture
- Press Start 2 Join: Friends talking about video games, movies, TV, comics, etc.
- Radio Free Skaro: A popular Canadian Doctor Who podcast
- Seen and Heard in Edmonton: Interviews with bloggers and podcasters
- Sensational Strategies: Tips and techniques for helping kids with sensory disorders
- Tales from the Hydian Way: A podcast for Star Wars role-playing gamers
- The Audio Guide to Babylon 5: A full re-watch of the sci-fi series
- The Memory Cheats: A Doctor Who review podcast featuring two fans’ immediate reactions to randomly selected Doctor Who stories
- Toastcaster: The podcast for Toastmasters
- Toastmasters Podcast: The Toastmasters International podcast
- Total Party Kill: Friends play Dungeon and Dragons on the Internet
- Uncanny Magazine Podcast: Science fiction and fantasy stories
- Verity!: Six smart women discussing Doctor Who
- Yegs & Bacon: A morning show about comics, in podcast form, from the good folks at Variant Edition