Truth be told, there’s a good chance you have met Phil, at least virtually, because he is a fixture on the Edmonton blogging scene. He’s a good talker, too, as we used to say in the newsroom, which accounts for his frequent appearances on TV and the radio, and his ease behind the microphone on his own podcast, and on mine.
But I think I got Phil to say some things he hasn’t said before. For one thing, he reveals the subject of the next Baconhound food odyssey. He also talks about how the blog has changed his life and what cooking means to him. And he gushes about his wife, as well he should.
Here are the local blogs Phil mentioned:
- Sharon Yeo’s Only Here for the Food
- Twyla Campbell’s Weird, Wild and Wonderful
- Allan Suddaby’s Button Soup
- Karlynn Johnston’s The Kitchen Magpie
- Cindy Nguyen’s Let’s Om Nom
- Little Miss Andrea
- Jenna Marynowski’s After the House Lights
- Anything by Andrea Beça
- Lindsey McNeill’s Scream Queen B
- Mack Male’s ShareEdmonton and MasterMaq
And these are the podcasts he mentioned:
- Robyn Wilson’s The One
- Adam Rozenhart’s The Expats
- The Unknown Studio, by Adam Rozenhart and Scott C. Bourgeois
This episode is brought to you by Bro Brick — high-quality, vegan, manmade soap from Alberta. In this episode, you’ll hear maker MacKenzie Proudlove talk about how he makes soap that appeals to a man.
Bro Brick is one of several local businesses that Make Something Edmonton is highlighting this holiday shopping season. Read more on the Make Something Edmonton blog.
Musical credits: Beethoven’s Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, Op. 2 No. 1, played by Daniel Veesey, from freemusicarchive.com.