Erin joined Paul Matwychuk and Heather Noel on Trash, Art and the Movies in 2012, and has been pitting highbrow cinema again brainless entertainment and declaring a victor ever since. The format of the podcast has settled into an erudite yet accessible discussion between Erin and Paul of the movies they’ve seen recently, before heading into a compare-and-contrast of two films thematically related in some way, one deemed to be arty and one deemed to be trashy.
Erin and her partner, Matt Bowes, have acquired a love for Bollywood movies, so they started their own podcast this year. Bollywood is for Lovers is an introduction to and appreciation of Hindi cinema, and judging by the first couple of episodes, it will be infused by the same intelligence and passion that Erin brings to Trash, Art and the Movies. (Special thanks to Matt for helping us record this episode.)
Here are Erin’s recommendations:
- Laura Frey’s Reading in Bed
- Matt Bowes’s This Nerding Life
- the pulp
- Allan Mott on Twitter (@houseofglib) and at One Perfect Shot
- Devin Bruce’s This Column has Seven Days on Variant Edition’s blog
- The Movie Jerks
- Kristen Hutchinson’s kh1 art consulting
- Dylan Rhys Howard’s Truthful Work Films
This episode is brought to you by Berlin Advertising and Public Relations, one of Canada’s top creative agencies, based right here in Edmonton.
Check out design thinking in action, including the Berlin Desk that Justin Archer talks about in the podcast, at brln.ca.
- Beethoven’s Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, Op. 2 No. 1, played by Daniel Veesey, from freemusicarchive.com.