It may be summer, but vacation season hasn’t stopped Edmonton bloggers from writing up a storm. Here are a few for your reading pleasure:
Salma Kaida is justifiably excited about the green onion cake donair she discovered at the East Meets West festival.
- Natasha Chiam will probably make you cry, especially if you’re a parent. What a story.
- BGCBigs has a heartwarmer about two young men brought together by the program.
- I saw an arthropod theme emerging:
— Sarah McPike takes a hardcore look at apple maggots.
— Dustin Bajer demonstrates how to catch a swarm of bees. (Urban beekeeping is allowed now, as Mack Male reports.)
— Karlynn Johnson gets a scorpion leg caught in her teeth at K-Days (and enjoys other midway delights with Adam Rozenhart).
- Speaking of Adam, he has learned some more YouTube lessons.
- New Music Michael mourns the impending sale of Wunderbar.
- Sue Heuman salutes Entrepreneur Barbie.
- Quite a few bloggers have been shining spotlights on fellow Edmontonians:
— On The Noteworthy, Gillian Thomson chats with Wade Kelly of Nerd Nite, Story Slam, Camp fYrefly and other cool things.
— #YEGBIKE highlights bicycle commuters of note. Here’s one on my friend Eric Jenkins. More here.
— On Transforming Edmonton, Alex MacDonald checks in with Melissa Emery, fleet safety officer with the City of Edmonton.
— The Northern Nerd Network interviews artist Sylvia Moon.
— The Edmonton Arts Council celebrates poet laureate Mary Pinkoski’s busy first year.
So many things! You can find even more on ShareEdmonton.
If you’re a Flipboard enthusiast, here’s a magazine of my picks.
What local blogs would you like more people to read? Comment, or send your favourites to @karenunland.