I am on vacation, but reading Edmonton blog posts is one of my favourite things to do, so the roundup continues:
- On City and Baby, Jason Buzzell shares some great tips for new parents with no family in Edmonton.
- Speaking of parenting, I agree with Lori at Frugal Edmonton Mama: Where are all the freakin’ spoons?
- On Spacing Edmonton, Paul Giang takes a train down memory lane.
- At I Dig Your Girlfriend, Terah Jans tries out a sensory deprivation tank.
- Some interesting posts related to social media:
— Mack Male analyzes Instagram use in Edmonton.
— Nikki Van Dusen looks at why Twitter caught on so well in Japan.
— And Linda Hoang’s Social Media Notes are always worth a look.
- On the Local Good, Catherine Szabo takes a closer look at #YEGbike.
- Poul Mark at Transcend shares a thought-provoking position at whether fair-trade coffee accomplishes the right goal.
- The Noteworthy visits with photographer Carmyn Joy Effa.
- At OilersNation, Robin Brownlee finally sees the light on advanced stats in hockey.
- The Edmonton Public Library is looking for local concert posters as part of its digital local music project.
There are many, many more posts to choose from at ShareEdmonton.
If you’re a Flipboard enthusiast, here’s a magazine of my picks.
What local blogs would you like more people to read? Comment, or send your favourites to @karenunland.