We’ve got all kinds of arts and entertainment, plenty of hockey, conversations about life abroad and a little bit of self-promotion in this week’s podcast roundup:
- March Madness of the theatrical variety takes over What It is, with the ailing Taylor Chadwick powering through interviews with artists from four (!) independent theatre productions.
- Hannah and Marcelle of Witch, Please break out their Harry Potter-themed adult colouring book to examine “books, libraries, censorship, Nazism(?!), racism in general, and how good Snape would look in jewel tones.”
- The long-awaited, somewhat fudged 200th episode of Podcast! the Comics is here with a great conversation between writer Sam Humphries and hosts James Leask and Brandon Schatz.
- There’s a new batch of episodes from the 40 Below Volume 2 sessions, with editor Jason Lee Norman’s conversations with Kristina Vyskocil and Jenn Vandermeer.
- The Quik and Slow Comedy Show features comedians Meagan Massini and Dan Taylor talking about comedy, schoolyard violence, Star Wars and more.
- I told The Movie Jerks I wanted to talk about Raiders of the Lost Ark, so they made me watch Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold. Appalled hilarity ensues.
- The Movie Jerks will be on Seen and Heard in Edmonton on March 14. In the meantime, you can hear my conversation with Steven Schapansky of Radio Free Skaro at our most recent podcasting meetup.
- The latest episode of Hockey Feels, one of Steven Schapansky’s many other podcasts, tackles the World Cup, the latest Oilers-Flyers game, and other puck-related matters.
- Speaking of hockey, the fellas at Your Team Sucks discuss what went down at the NHL trade deadline.
- North by NorthGretz looks at the World Cup roster and the trade deadline through an Oilers lens, and pokes a little fun at Jim Matheson.
- On The Expats, Adam Rozenhart interviews Tatiana Warkentin, a Winnipegger who picked up everything and moved to Switzerland on stunningly short notice.
- Paul Lopushinsky kicks off his new show, Podcasts with Paul, with a conversation with Kayla Baretta about rescue dogs, Iceland and Neil Gaiman, among other things.
- On Highlevel Showdown, Elliott Tanti and Michael Vecchio recap the results of the Ward 12 byelection, contemplate physician-assisted suicide and parse the American primaries.
If you listen to that episode of the Highlevel Showdown, you’ll hear a very nice plug for the Seen and Heard Podcast Network. The list of interested podcasts is growing (some of them are in bold here; others are listed on the network page). If you would like to join us, send me your information on this form.
There’s so much more to listen to, so if you don’t find something to your taste here, check out previous podcast roundups, the Northern Content Network, and the Edmonton Nerd List’s media page.
The next Edmonton Podcasting Meetup will be held at Variant Edition on April 9, and it will feature onetime Edmontonian, all-the-time superstar Justin Jackson. RSVP here.
This week’s podcast and roundups are brought to you by the Seen and Heard Podcast Network, a project to help local podcasts get more listeners and connect those listeners with local businesses.
If you’d like to join the network, apply here. If you’d like to be a sponsor, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.