Happy New Year! Thanks for coming back after a wee break for the holidays and the restoration of sanity.
This week’s episode is Part 1 of the audio from our podcasting meetup on technology, which we held in November. It features three perceptive and intelligent guests:
- Mack Male, who first started podcasting in 2004, resumed for a stint with Mack and Cheese, and contributes enormously to Edmonton’s blogosphere through MasterMaq and ShareEdmonton;
- Adam Rozenhart, who just ended a six-and-a-half-year run with Scott C. Bourgeois on The Unknown Studio, and started a new podcast in 2015 called The Expats;
- Scott Francis Winder, who (with Jordan Bloemen) co-hosts Hacked, a new podcast about Internet security with that got great traction out of the gate and has pretty high production values, as you’ll hear.
You’ll also hear the voices of Chris Sikkenga of Montreal Sauce and Film Frown; Sylvia Schneider of Equinely Inclined and Phil Wilson of Off Menu in the bit about recording with people who are not in the room with you.
You can also get it in iTunes, on SoundCloud or on Stitcher.
If your New Year’s resolution involves starting a podcast or making your podcast better, this could come in quite handy. If you have no intention of podcasting and just like to listen to podcasts and/or smart Edmontonians talking about communication and technological change, you’ll like this, too.
Part 2 will be up next week (UPDATE: Here’s Part 2!), as we kick off the New Year with a new schedule:
- Mondays: Podcast
- Tuesdays: Blog roundup
- Wednesdays: Podcast roundup
- Thursdays: Newsletter (subscribe so you don’t miss out)
And hey, we’re on Facebook now to spread the word about Edmonton’s blogs and podcasts even further. Give us a like if you have a moment.
The next podcast meetup is on Jan. 24 at Variant Edition. RSVP here!
This week’s Seen and Heard in Edmonton is brought to you by Style Ivy, the new online course that helps you take ownership of your style. In the podcast, you’ll hear Style Ivy founder Lazina Mckenzie discuss what mastering your style can do for you.
Sign up today for Lazina’s Style Foundations course, which starts Jan. 12. Use the promo code BETTERSTYLENOWSF50 for a $50 voucher (valid until Jan. 12, 2016).
Musical credits: Beethoven’s Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, Op. 2 No. 1, played by Daniel Veesey, from freemusicarchive.com.
3 thoughts on “Episode 23: Podcasting tech meetup”
Great episode, can’t wait for episode 1. Could you provide links to some of the programs that your discuss in this episode?