This week, bloggers filled my heart with love, filled my head with thoughts, filled my spirit with inspiration. Many gifts indeed.
Love, marriage, baby carriage
- Vickie Laliotis reflects on her love story while sharing her sweet and colourful engagement photos.
- Laurie MacFayden poetically captures that moment when you just know.
- Lindsey at Over My Styled Body spills on how her boyfriend proposed to her.
- Stacey K has the goods on a couple who had two very different but equally beautiful weddings.
- Bruce Clarke shares some shots from a western-style wedding at BBQ Acres.
- Ana Vicioso models some winter wedding fashions from Eve and Enoch.
- Dajana Fabjanovich revels in the discovery that she is expecting twin boys.
- Dave Cournoyer examines who might succeed Amarjeet Sohi on Edmonton’s city council now that he has been elected to Parliament.
- Dave also goes deep on what the rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline means for Alberta and Canada.
- Mack Male lays out all of the dominos falling with the City of Edmonton’s administration.
- Sunil Agnihotri breaks down the data on what’s going on with Oilers goalie Cam Talbot.
- Robin Mazumder remembers an encounter with a pedestrian that throws into relief the need to design our cities for more than just cars.
- Glenn Kubish reflects on how a cyclist must listen to the road, and how motorists ought to as the season gets slippery.
- Brandon Schatz raises some questions about comics journalism.
- Natasha Chiam responds to an attack with her fascinating origin story as a feminist.
- Alyssa Lau responds to the backlash against social media after an Instagrammer made a high-profile exit from the platform
- Beverley Jackman supports Twitter’s shift from the star to the heart for responding to tweets.
- Rev Recluse unearths the sensationally told tale of a 1932 stabbing.
- How you pronounce “scone” reveals something about you, says Elyse Chatterton, who goes on to share her recipe.
- Mike Ross tells the story of how two Edmonton musicians brought life to a song written by a soldier who survived Vimy Ridge.
- Pamella Heikel is writing a poem a day.
- Ali Grotkowski is getting ready for Secret Santa Season.
- Tara of Tech Geek Gamers reviews her latest Nerd Block.
- The Royal Bison is featuring its vendors heading into the art and craft fairs at the end of November and start of December.
- Kassey at The Lovely Ordinary admires the work of some Edmonton bloggers at the Ultimate Upcycle Challenge.
- Donloree Hoffman is profoundly grateful for and inspired by Brené Brown’s latest, Rising Strong.
- A mandolin and harmony is a musical gift to me, so I’m happy to discover North of Here via the Northern Sessions.
- Allan Suddaby shares a way to make chicken skin something special.
- World of Warcraft saved Trent Wilkie’s life, so that’s quite the gift.
Even more (way more, in fact), can be found at ShareEdmonton. I collect my picks in a Flipboard magazine, and I share stuff on Twitter: @seenandheardyeg and @karenunland. My podcast roundup comes out on Fridays.
If you sign up for the Seen and Heard in Edmonton newsletter, you’ll get the roundups, the Seen and Heard in Edmonton podcast and more delivered straight to you every Monday.