This roundup is coming to you late after a slightly overwhelming but utterly inspiring and very full week in New York. If you’ve seen traffic from NYC that you haven’t seen before in your Google analytics, maybe it was me!
A scene from my blog-hunting on ShareEdmonton while waiting at LaGuardia Airport. I paid as much attention as I could, but Internet access was a little scarce at my hotel and the airport, so I’m sure I missed some good stuff. Still and all…
Let’s start with festivals:
- Trent Wilkie shares some beautiful shots from North County Fair, and a trippy encounter with a fair-goer.
- Lori Godin has some ideas for making the most of Taste of Edmonton, especially with kids.
- Randy Talbot captures some evocative scenes from the Edmonton International Jazz Festival.
- Jenna Marynowski has deep coverage of Found Festival 2015.
And what else did I find?
- Ester at YEG Uncovered documents a full and inspiring Edmonton day, including a visit to the RISE Heart Garden.
- Lindsay of Edible Woman shares some of her favourite things, and some great news about her new gig at Duchess Bake Shop.
- Mack Male gives a progress report on EndPoverty Edmonton.
- Poet laureate Mary Pinkoski bids farewell, and the Edmonton Arts Council says bienvenue to her successor, Pierrette Requier.
- Lindy Pratch makes me want to read Ted Bishop’s The Social Life of Ink even more than I already did (which was a lot).
- Dave Cournoyer surveys what Premier Rachel Notley’s government has done so far with her massive mandate, and lists what should happen next.
- Holly of In the fun lane turns a thrift-store find into the cutest little footstool.
- Vivid Ribbon reports back from First YEG, an evening to celebrate local entrepreneurs and build connections.
- Dustin Bajer offers an FAQ for those who find themselves with honeybees for neighbours.
- Diane, aka Argenplath, recaps the Prairie Noodle Shop’s four ramen popups as it gets ready to open a permanent location.
- There was so much Oilers bloggage, what with the draft and all, and I couldn’t get to it all, but of those I saw, I’d recommend Lowetide’s overview.
- It’s hot (as you know), and Elizabeth Withey is suffering in a certain black dress.
You can find me on Twitter @karenunland, and if you’re reading this on June 29, you can find me in real life this evening in the club at the Citadel for the Unknown Studio live show. I’m hoping to spill a bit about this project I’ve been working on in New York, so come on down if you’re curious.
UPDATE: Here’s the signup for my newsletter, so you can keep up on my new podcast about Edmonton’s bloggers and podcasters.