Tomorrow is the provincial election, and we certainly will get into that, but first, proof I’m raising delightful nerds:
Edmonton’s newest comics store, Variant Edition, was our destination for Free Comic Book Day. And it was all over the online places I frequent. Check out the Unknown Studio podcast’s interview with co-owners Brandon Schatz and Danica LeBlanc , and watch them in this high-production-values video from Jay Runham.
OK, let’s get political-ish:
- Spacing Edmonton’s Tom Young tracks where the parties stand on cities.
- Michael Ross maps the poll-by-poll election results from 2012.
- Mack Male will track Tuesday’s results here, on what he hopes will be “the best online results dashboard for election night.”
- Donna McKinnon looks at an interesting intersection of politics and poetry.
- Vintage Edmonton clips some fascinating political ads and articles from years past.
In other news:
- Sandra Sperounes takes a look at what Nick Cave wrote about Edmonton on a sick bag.
- Lindsey McNeill remembers a great Canadian film and a dear friend.
- Lori Godin fights the parental peer pressure that keeps kids always within reach and never testing their independence.
- Justin Wheler offers a patient’s-eye view of the health care system.
- Dustin Bajer invites you to map your favourite trees.
- Robyn (aka The Edmonton Tourist) goes running with her dog, and learns a lot about him on the way.
- Maegan Lukian DIYs a bed for her bed-eating dog.
- Jenna Pryor recommends some local goodies for Mother’s Day. (Speaking of local goodies, the Royal Bison is coming soon.)
- Did you know Toxic by Britney Spears works on the ukulele? Me neither, until Andrea Beça made it so.
- Lyndsey at Over My Styled Body real-talks about taking outfit pix in public.
- Erika Barootes challenges fitness entrepreneurs to innovate.
- And Daelan Wood recommends some excellent podcasts (including the one mentioned at the top of this post).