I am not ready for Christmas. But I’d rather do this. Christmas comes anyway, as the Grinch learned. So, onward.
I just love Andrea Beca’s ukulele year experiment. Every week, she records a song, sometimes alone, sometimes with friends. It’s adorable and good.
Whimsy! Now let’s crunch some numbers:
- Michael Ross breaks down when you should put your winter tires on.
- Sheldon Johnston looks at what the oil price might do to real estate prices in Edmonton.
- Sunil Agnihotri puts shot differentials at the heart of the Oilers’ trough.
- Lowetide notes that stats don’t really help you when it comes to understanding goalies.
Oh, Oilers. It’s so bad now that people are finding humour in the situation:
- OilersNation’s Photoshop contest yields some gems.
- Jen Salamandick looks back at the seven best Oilers wins this season, which remains the sum total as I write.
Let’s change the subject.
- Laurie Callsen shares some highlights from her lovely, vintage wedding.
- Lori at Frugal Edmonton Mama has some sound advice on keeping the marriage happy long after the vows.
- Laura Frey reflects on the present and future of book reviews.
- Tracey Sawatzky compares blogging to a band’s first tour.
- Chris LaBossiere wonders about the wisdom of the Prentice Conservatives’ gamble to accept the Wildrose defectors.
- Mack Male welcomes Uber to Edmonton; Elise Stolte gathers the community’s thoughts and experiences.
- Cindy at Let’s Om Nom recaps a delicious-sounding Honest Dumplings pop-up.
- Lillian at Beyond Umami candies cranberries.
I thought Edmonton’s bloggers would slow down over the holidays, but not so you’d notice so far. Find many more posts at ShareEdmonton.
I collect my picks on a Flipboard magazine, too. And you can look me up any time on Twitter: @karenunland