Here’s a sample of the reading I found between working, Halloweening, and ferrying a certain someone to ringette:
Glenn Kubish shares three scenes from an eventful walk back to work through downtown Edmonton.
More on urban affairs:
- Mack Male reports on what’s going on with the wayfinding project.
- Jodine Chase examines the policing of private and public space in light of Gary Moostoos’s ejection from City Centre Mall.
- Jamie Post calls for community development corporations to increase affordable housing and infill.
Some people pieces of note:
- Gillian Thomson profiles Sylvia Soo, author of Cancer Fabulous and creator of fine leather goods.
- I Dig Your Girlfriend’s Queer Babe of the Week features the love story of Mo & Kate.
- #YEGBike visits with dogged cyclist and front-end developer Adam Patterson.
- On OilersNation, Jason Gregor talks to Oilers goalie Ben Scrivens about the artists designing his masks this season.
And let’s call this category “Experiences”:
- Trent Wilkie thanks everyone for supporting his 24-hour stint playing video games for the Stollery Children’s Hospital.
- On New Music Michael’s blog, Aaron Vanimere shares some great photos from The Provincial Archive’s album release party.
- Danielle Metcalfe-Chenail digs up memories of Friday nights at the Rainbow Ballroom.
- A couple of posts on the delight of mail: Ali Kira on why she sends real letters, and Kassey on Ashley Green’s Love Letters to Strangers.
Halloween — that’s an experience all its own:
- If you need a cute fix, check out the costumed babies on Northern Style Exposure and Kastles.
- At Adventures in Fashion, Vickie Laliotis did a week’s worth of Halloween, including a spooky encounter with Slenderman.
- BGCBigs brought Bigs and Littles together to carve pumpkins.
I could go on. Find more on ShareEdmonton. Sign up for the ShareEdmonton newsletter while you’re at it — you’ll get a weekly update on what’s going on in our city.
If you like Flipboard, here’s a magazine of my picks.
What local blogs would you like more people to read? Comment, or send your favourites to @karenunland.