Here’s what caught my eye blog-wise this week, with a sprinkling of video and audio along the way:
Alex Scucatto got a lot of deserved praise and attention for his lovely video of things he likes about Edmonton. Find it here on his blog (that’s a screen capture above).
Some posts on various comings and goings:
- Kendall Barber bids farewell to City and Dale, the groundbreaking blog and “open love letter” to Edmonton that she founded five years ago.
- The Unknown Studio podcast is back after an extra-long summer break with an interview with Ramin Ostad and Anita Bourgeois about Extra Life Edmonton.
- And the Inglorious Hipsters comic is on hiatus, though the podcast goes on (as does the team’s plan to broadcast its Extra Life gaming marathon on Twitch).
Some business-related posts of interest:
- Dana DiTomaso shares the results of a survey of email marketers on what happened after CASL (Canada’s anti-spam legislation).
- Tema Frank explores how she overcame her mathphobia to use data to learn about improving the customer experience.
- Earth’s General Store’s blog talks about being cash-mobbed.
- Bill Thompson imagines a very entrepreneurial Gretel.
What else? Lots.
- Baconhound’s Phil Wilson praises three Edmonton food trucks that won his heart with their sandwiches.
- On VV Boutique Style, Nicole Rowan takes a man thrift-shopping for the first time.
- Jenna Marynowski reviews Ronnie Burkett’s improvised marionette show, The Daisy Theatre.
- On the Blitz Conditioning blog, Steven Hodges reveals what he has accomplished in a year of pursuing fitness.
- Lawrence Herzog tells the history of the Crawford Block on the Edmonton City as Museum Project.
- Linda Hoang throws a birthday party for her pup at Doggy Style Deli.
Find your own good reads on the ShareEdmonton blog feed. Most of these come from there, and I’ll be sending those that aren’t to Mack Male to add soon.
Sign up for the ShareEdmonton newsletter for a weekly look at what goes on.
If you’re a Flipboard enthusiast, here’s a magazine of my picks.
What local blogs would you like more people to read? Comment, or send your favourites to @karenunland.